ProtEx Vortex A/C
Our ProtEX AC Enclosure Coolers are designed for purged electrical enclosures (purge system sold separately) in ATEX Zones 1 and 21, UL Class I, Div. 1 (Groups A,B,C and D), Class II, Div. 1 (Groups F and G), Class III and Temperature Class T3 areas.
Compact and small multi-function electronic controls, variable speed drives, servos and programmable logic controllers, are all vulnerable to both heat and contamination because it is difficult to control temperatures in smaller electrical and electronic controls and enclosures/cabinets. Our ProtEX AC Enclosure Coolers maintain a slight pressurization to keep electronic components clean and dry, significantly reduce overheating and contamination that can cause digital displays, controls and breakers to malfunction, misread, drift and trip below rated loads.
Our ProtEX AC Enclosure Coolers are available in four different cooling capacities, 900, 1500, 2500 and 5,000 BTU/hr, as well as:
– ATEX Certification Ex II 2 GD
– UL Classified Class I Div. 1, Class II Div. 1, Class III
– Ex h llC T200C Gb
– Ex h lllC T200°C Db
– Ta+10 to +80C
– T3 Temperature Class rating
Our ProtEX AC Enclosure Coolers are 78% quieter than standard enclosure coolers, and ensures energy use reduction through an integral mechanical thermostat. As well as this the filter contains a pressure drop indicator which notifies when the filter needs to be changed, and a check valve to prevent loss of enclosure pressure when cooling is not required.
Quick and easy to install in under five minutes, our ATEX AC Enclosure Coolers come with top, side or front (door) mount options.Enquire now
Features & Benefits
- UL Classified for Class I Div. 1 (Groups A, B, C and D), Class II, Div. 1 (Groups F and G) and Class III.
- ATEX Certified Ex II 2 GD T3.
- UL Classified Class I Div. 1, Class II Div. 1 and Class III.
- Ex h llC T3 Gb.
- Ex h lllC T200C Db.
- Ta +10 to 80C.
- Tamb 10°C to 79°C (50°F to 175°F).
- Maintains temperature between 26°C to 32°C (80°F to 90°F) in environments up to 79°C (175°F).
- Works with all cabinets and is suitable for tight spaces.
- Multiple cooling capacities available.
- Quiet operation at 62 dBA, 78% quieter than standard coolers.
- Sleek, modern design with top, side, or front (door) mount options.
- Comes with air filter and ducting kit.
- Maintains slight pressuriation in the enclosure.
- 3-year warranty (internal one-way valve on hot exhaust has limited life span.
- Failure/malfunction does not affect hazardous locating rating however after three years functionality can be lost and cooling/efficiency/sound levels can deteriorate).
- ATEX Certified for Zones 1 and 21.
Installation time under five minutes (no wiring required).
- Reduces costs – user maintains ideal temperature range via thermostatic control.
- Includes filter pressure drop indicator showing when the filter needs to be changed.
- Includes check valve to prevent loss of enclosure pressure when cooling is not required.
- Highly reliable and low maintenance.
- Prevents dirty, humid, or ambient air from entering the cabinet.
- Significant savings compared to Freon ACs.
|Product Number||Cooling Capacity (Watts)||Air Consumption @ 6.9 bar (slpm)||Rating||System or Cooler Only?||Sound Level||Thermostat|
* UL Classified for Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C and D, Class II, Division 1, Groups F and G, Class III
* Temperature Class T3 Areas