Original Cold Air Gun
Cold Air Guns are ideal for metal parts cooling, machining/repair of metals, as well as cooling of wood, ceramics, plastics and other materials.
Cold Air Guns provide significant benefits, especially when compared to cooling provided by mist coolants. Cold Air Guns do not require electricity, have no moving parts, and do not require water, so they are easy to maintain while also prolonging the life of tools and improving feed rates on dry machining operations. Cold Air Guns also improve parts tolerance and surface finish quality and eliminate heat-related parts growth. They also only require an air consumption range of 424 – 991 SLPM.
Cold Air Guns come with adjustable flow and adjustable temperature settings and use vortex tube technology and filtered compressed air to generate air at temperatures of up to -34.44°C (-30°F).Enquire now
Features & Benefits
- Highly reliable, no moving parts, easy to maintain.
- Adjustable temperature, creating air at temperatures of 37.7°C (100°F) below the temperature of inlet compressed air.
- Adjustable flow rate.
- Magnetic base for adjustable positioning.
- Includes 5-micron auto-drain compressed air filter.
- No need for Freon.
- Meets OSHA noise specifications.
- Frost-free nozzle model available.
- Outperforms mist coolants, eliminating mess, improving safety and saving costs.
- Extends the life of tools by up to 50%.
- Improves dry machining speeds by up to 36%.
- Eliminates burning/scorching of parts.
- Cools parts faster, reducing waiting times.
- No need for secondary parts cleaning after machining.
- Reduces grinding wheel loading through overheating.
- Removes dust and debris from the surface of objects.
|Cooling Capacity (Watts)||264||264||440||440||733||733|
|Minimum Outlet Temperature (deg C)||-23||-23||-12||-12||-1||-1|
|Compressed Air Pressure (bar)||5.5 - 7||5.5 - 7||5.5 - 7||5.5 - 7||5.5 - 7||5.5 - 7|
|Air Consumption @ 100 psig (slpm)||425||425||708||708||991||991|
|Inlet Size||1/4" BSPP||1/4" BSPP||1/4" BSPP||1/4" BSPP||1/4" BSPP||1/4" BSPP|
|Outlet Air Flow Rate (slpm)||57 - 425||57 - 425||227 - 708||227 - 708||510 - 991||510 - 991|
|Recommended Filter Size||708 slpm||708 slpm||708 slpm||708 slpm||997 slpm||997 slpm|
|System or Gun Only?||System||Gun Only||System||Gun Only||System||Gun Only|
|Flexible Nozzles Diameter||25||25||25||25||25||25|
|Outlet Diameter (ID)||9.5||9.5||9.5||9.5||9.5||9.5|
|Magnetic Base Height||105||N/A||105||N/A||105||N/A|
|Maximum Recommended Distance (meters)||8||8||5||5||9||9|