Frost-Free Cold Air Guns
Frost Free Cold Air Guns produce sub-freezing air, up to -34.44°C (-30°F) and are ideal for industrial applications that require spot cooling. Our Frost Free Cold Air Guns use vortex tube technology and have adjustable temperature/flow settings, as well as frost-free nozzles.
Frost Free Cold Air Guns are ideal for sensitive applications where liquid can cause damage. Often used for cooling metal, plastic, wood, ceramics, and other material parts, Frost Free Cold Air Guns are used in applications involving the cutting, drilling and machining of paper, wood and fabric products. As Frost Free Cold Air Guns use filtered compressed air (air consumption ranges from 424-991 SLPM) and require no electricity or water, they are ideal for use on products that are sensitive to water, as well as products covered with oil or oil-based lubricants.
Frost Free Cold Air Guns outperform liquid-based coolants, for example, mist coolants, as they eliminate mess caused by mist and improve tool life by up to 50% as well as feed rates on dry machining operations by up to 36%. The cooling provided by Frost Free Cold Air Guns also improves parts tolerance and the quality of surface finishes while reducing parts growth caused by heating.Enquire now
Features & Benefits
- Creates cold air up to 37.7°C (100°F) below inlet compressed air temperature.
- Low-pressure outlet air.
- Eliminates the need for Freon – only compressed air used.
- Adjustable temperature/flow rates.
- Magnetic base for easy positioning and moving.
- No moving parts – increased reliability.
- Frost-free nozzle.
- Meets OHSA noise specifications.
Compressed air filter (5-micron auto-drain).
- Eliminates cost and waste created by mist coolants.
- Reduces issues related to overheating, such as grinding wheel loading and burning/scorching.
- Reduces waiting times with rapid cooling temperatures of up to -34.44°C (-30°F).
- Increases dry machining speeds by up to 36%.
- Extends tool life by up to 50%.
- Provides blow-off capabilities capable of clearing debris from surfaces.
- No secondary parts cleaning after machining is needed.
|Cooling Capacity (Watts)||264||264||440||440||733||733|
|Minimum Outlet Temperature (deg C)||-23||-23||-7||-7||2||2|
|Compressed Air Pressure (bar)||5.5 - 7||5.5 - 7||5.5 - 7||5.5 - 7||5.5 - 7||5.5 - 7|
|Air Consumption @ 100 psig (slpm)||425||425||708||708||991||991|
|Inlet Size||1/4" BSPP||1/4" BSPP||1/4" BSPP||1/4" BSPP||1/4" BSPP||1/4" BSPP|
|Outlet Air Flow Rate (slpm)||57 - 425||57 - 425||198 - 708||198 - 708||453 - 990||453 - 990|
|Recommended Filter Size||708 slpm||708 slpm||708 slpm||708 slpm||997 slpm||997 slpm|
|System or Gun Only?||System||Gun Only||System||Gun Only||System||Gun Only|
|Flexible Nozzles Diameter||30||30||30||30||30||30|
|Outlet Diameter (ID)||9.5||9.5||9.5||9.5||9.5||9.5|
|Magnetic Base Height||105||105||105|
|Maximum Recommended Distance (meters)||8||8||5||5||9||9|